Sunday, November 26, 2006

FEAR

It's easy to be scared isn't it? We were talking about that in our Bible study the other day. Some were talking about the fear of losing their husband or their child. Some talking about the fear of being humbled. I get scared that God isn't going to take care of me. It seems silly when I read all of his promises, and when I read how good and holy he is, but we can't just "poof" the fear away as if it were a simple trick, disappearing in a flash. We learn degrees of non-fear as we go on through life, I suppose. That's what sanctification is - the process of being made more like Him. And its a process that doesn't end until heaven. My nephew was asking me today why we have to wait all the way until heaven to be able to be together all of the time. I don't quite know why, except God says so, and he is the best and most powerful one in the world. But on days like today, when I am thinking about all the people in my life who are so dear to me moving away in the next months, and how scary that is, and wondering whether or not I should go with them, and not being sure, and feeling scared about that too, then I wish that we didn't have to wait any longer to have that perfect peace that comes with knowing that God is there. But until then, I need to keep praying for faith in the Lord, because moments like this, I don't have very much of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home