Tuesday, April 14, 2009

MY THROID ADVENTURE

Things are really bizarre with me right now. There's a "mass" growing in my thyroid and its sucking up nourishment from the rest of the thyroid. Its really making bizarre energy levels for me. Three hours ago I had already downed 6 cups of coffee, taken my medicine, eaten breakfast, turned on all the lights, and yet was laying there sobbing and asking Jesus to PLEASE help me get out of bed. And then two hours later I had a spurt of energy, took out the old cat litter, emptied all the trash, swept the floor, started a load of laundry, and cooked a meal. I feel so frustrated that I have more health care problems and more health care bills to deal with. It makes me feel so alone. Over the last week, I have at times totally felt at peace and known that the Lord is taking care of me. And then there have totally been times where I laid in bed with the covers over my head saying I just can't do this anymore - I HATE you God for giving me this life. I'm glad that Psalm 88 is in the Bible. I think its the very most comforting Psalm for me because it shows me that I can come to God with my deep confusion when I have total trouble remembering the Gospel.

More to come on the thyroid adventure....

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

Wow, Anne Louis, I had no idea so much was going on with your health. It is so hard to feel incapacitated in any way. We will pray for you, friend.

4/14/2009 11:39 AM  
Blogger Jessie said...

sorry, left off the "e"...I really do know how to spell your name!

4/14/2009 11:40 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Hi Ann Louise,

I am really sorry that you keep finding yourself on this physical and emotional "roller coaster." I know you are frustrated, but it is good to hear that you continue to seek God and look to Him for comfort. I will be praying for strength and encouragement for you. Let me know if there is any specific thing I can do for you.

4/14/2009 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home