Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A PET PEEVE

I've decided that I have several new pet peeves. They aren't really related. One is about men and women relating. I don't like how single women (maybe married ones too) expect men to act like women and then get aggravated when they don't, instead of appreciating the differences between the sexes. I think its wrong, plus it rubs off on me too easily when I am tempted to be aggravated at a man. Then another one is about Christmas. People everywhere ask "Are you ready for Christmas?" meaning - have you bought everyone a gift? And now they ask "How was your Christmas?" meaning - did you get good presents? Where is Christ in that?

5 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

I have never had a pet peeve, but dogs and a cat;). How about those guys on the Cafe eh!

Russ

1/04/2007 4:45 PM  
Blogger Timotheus said...

I am wondering if someone ever read MEN AND MARRIAGE?

Tim

1/04/2007 9:58 PM  
Blogger Barbara said...

I'm just wondering some ways in which men expect men to be like women. Manners? The types of things they're interested in. I imagine that I am guilty of expecting men to act like women sometimes.
Barbara

1/07/2007 7:16 PM  
Blogger Ann Louise said...

Yes, Tim, I did read Men and Marriage. I am not really expecting men to be like women after that. But of course we'd all like relating to be easier and we think if would be if everyone thought like us! And Barbara, its stuff like when you expect men to want to call and chat because that's what we do, or when you expect men to be able to read your emotions without saying anything, because that's what we do. That kind of thing.
Russ, your comment doesn't even get a reply!

1/09/2007 7:19 PM  
Blogger Dr. Russell Norman Murray said...

Thanks!;)

1/11/2007 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home