Wednesday, August 20, 2014

THIS IS MORE THAN JUST A SHOOTING AND WHO WAS WRONG

A Facebook Friend wrote this: I think it is clear that this is not about one incident. The anger and the protesting that we are seeing is the culmination of so many cases of racial profiling - when we can step back and see that this has become the soapbox for so many hurts, then we can begin to make progress. I agree. Also yesterday I got my CNN text that said police shoot another dead in Ferguson. My heart was like OH NO! And the silly media just wants to tease you in with stuff that is not quite accurate. They don't seem to really care, they just want you to improve their ratings. after all they are a business too. And when I looked, it was a guy who was coming at them with a knife and they repeatedly asked him to put it down. So they were right in protecting. But then at the same time, why aren't they shooting these guys in the knee or something instead of killing them? My friend who I really trust who is hanging out a lot up there says the police really are being bullies. It really is shocking to me how many people seem to just be waiting for information to come out so that they can breath a sigh of relief and say that none of this was a race issue. I think it is clear that this is not about one incident. The anger and the protesting that we are seeing is the culmination of so many cases of racial profiling - when we can step back and see that this has become the soapbox for so many hurts, then we can begin to make progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home