Monday, March 05, 2007

OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST

The other night in our small group we were discussing the sermon and we realized a way that we don't really grasp our Lord very well. We were talking about "what if Jesus were here with us right now," and we very easily missed that it would be both very disruptive and very delightful. One of us pointed out how Jesus said things such as "don't take the time to go and bury your father, come and follow me." He would say things that shock us. Because he already does say those things, its just easier to tune him out when he's not here in the flesh right now.

On the other hand, we also missed that it would be absolutely delightful. What a joy to have Jesus here! At first, my thought was that I would be intimidated to have him here, and so I wouldn't really want him here beside me. But Oh how much I'm missing then! The disciples wept for him to leave - and they loved having him around. I want to remember that he is delightful. I want to see him as he really is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home