Sunday, February 25, 2007

WHEN WE HURT

There are tons of thoughts in my head lately and I'm just getting the chance to sit down and blog them. Hence the 3 blogs in 1 night! :)

I check out at least some of Oprah every so often because she affects our culture and the world so much. Most women I know who aren't Christians follow Oprah religiously and believe everything she says. So I think its good to know what is influencing the women I am trying to minister to and to love. Here's something that Oprah says that I really don't like. She says that you have to just buck up and have a positive attitude. You can control your life that way. Well that's not true. Sometimes we absolutely can't buck up no matter what we try. That's just the truth. And that's why Jesus had to die for us. We are weak and needy. We are supposed to be weak and needy. That's how God made us. So don't feel guilty when the world tells you that you have trouble only because you aren't able to buck up and have the right attitude. It's in direct contradiction to the Creator of the Universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home