Sunday, February 04, 2007

RELATIONSHIPS

Our pastor, Andrew, preached on relationships and how we often look to them to give us what only Christ can give us. But that also we vitally need relationships to know God better. Its interesting to me how for years I felt guilty for wanting relationships. I felt like I was being selfish by wanting friendships, and that I should only need God. This was for at least 8 years after I became a Christian. Then I began to hear others talk about how we were created in God's image and that is partly to mirror the constant relationships that the Trinity has with one another. Furthermore, it is not good for man to be alone, the Body of Christ is created to not work properly unless all are working together, etc... and all this Biblical truth I never heard for the first 8 years of my Christian walk! We are to both find our satisfaction in Christ alone and then we also desperately need others. Its a both and kind of thing, not an either or. So many things are. Let's certainly help each other not idolize one another, but allow for needing each other also.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home