Sunday, February 25, 2007

NEEDING OTHERS

There have been plenty of times in my life that I literally can't go without others in my life coming alongside me. I mean I would have really not been able to keep going in life. I would make really bad choices instead. I know that none of my motives are ever totally pure, nobody's are. But I don't think that that is all idolatry of others for me to need them so much. On the other hand, I think it would be wrong to say that I couldn't survive with God alone. Of course I could. But there's definitely something to having relationship with others and being a part of the Body of Christ. Do you think we can say that relationship with others is vital to life or is that going too far?

2 Comments:

Blogger Adaline said...

Absolutely community is vital to life. God didn't create us to be alone with Him, so it's not even possible to speculate whether we could exist without others. He made us to need others and I think we become more human/Godlike the more we depend on others. Afterall, God depends on community and "others" in the form of the Trinity.
Thanks for the post! I miss you!
LG

3/02/2007 7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have offered in my new church to be a mercy minister, primarily to the younger women. I felt that I really did not have this offered to me when I was younger and raising a family, dealing with marriage issues and just life. I have been invited to lunch this week in response. I am really excited, but nervous. I would appreciate any prayers that you would offer up for me and my friend. And, yes, I believe we are commanded to love one another and this costs you something and will prove true love.

5/06/2007 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home