Tuesday, August 01, 2006

DATING WEB SITES

This will be really short because I am very busy this week. I have been on a few different dating web sites. In general (and that in general is really important because I've met a few great Christian guys), the Christian guys are much more passive and seem to be so intimidated to even chat with women. The non-Christian guys are great at beginning a friendship and then at appropriately expressing a desire to move the relationship towards more. I wonder how much negative influence Elisabeth Elliot and Josh Harris are having on our Christian men, that they will hardly even speak to CHristian women? I wonder if that's at the root of it - books like I Kissed Dating Goodbye?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

So-- would you say, "I've kissed Christian dating goodbye"? As in, the kind of "dating" that Christians do?

8/01/2006 9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of websites do you go to - is it just "open" communication immediately?

I certainly don't know anything about dating, but it seems down here at FPC in Augusta that guys seem unwilling to jump into a relationship. I think they take it pretty seriously - for better or for worse (and I can see advantages and disadvantages to that.)

I don't know if that really applies to what you're talking about. Just a thought.

I realized that I neglected to wish you a Happy Birthday yesterday!!! Hope it was great and you can continue to celebrate for the next few days!!

8/02/2006 7:19 AM  
Blogger Timotheus said...

I think sometimes many men have trouble starting conversations and may be some of the reasons. There is also “masculine guilt” that I see in churches. Every times a man in “Christian” group speaks of interest women or a woman many well meaning folks will start preaching the sin us about “lust” to us. I have experience this several times in my Christian life. It often comes from women in the church that always manage to interject the word lust, as if interest or notice an attractive woman is LUST!

I am afraid that the book “I Kissed Dating Goodbye?” will leave many people to live way too long lonely.

Tim
<><

8/05/2006 6:42 PM  
Blogger KYP said...

A-L, I've experienced much the same thing. :(

8/06/2006 8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home