Thursday, July 13, 2006

A BAD DAY

Boy, I'm having a bad day. And its only 6:30 in the morning. My head hurts because I didn't get enough sleep, and my foot and back hurt because I am getting old! All night long, Satan pelted me with dreams concerning my biggest fears, one of them being about loneliness. I am tired and frustrated. I am definitely not happy. So what I am tempted to do is numb or distract myself from the pain. I think that instead, I want to try today to not do that at all, but to cry out to the Lord like he wants us to. What if I was actually able to cry out to the Lord all day? How cool would that be, giving me great intimacy with him, fulfilling one of my biggest longings - to not be lonely. What if I stay away from caffeine and chocolate which numb the pain and give momentary pleasure, what if I stay away from distracting TV? What if I deny myself other temptations that I usually long to give into? I wonder if I can do it. I know I can through the Holy Spirit, but there's also personal responsibility involved in seeking the Lord. We'll see at the end of the day.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home