Thursday, May 18, 2006

GRIEVING

Oh how heavy my heart is lately. Transitions are abounding and dear friends are moving away. It is so special to have a friend with whom you can share the depths of your heart. And I've gotten to have several of those kinds of friendships the past 4 years that I have been here in St Louis. Oh if y'all only knew what a great privilege its been to come from where I've been, to this incredible community here that deeply involves Covenant Seminary. That's where I've made these incredible friends. I graduated last year, but stayed in town and stayed close with my closest of friends. And now they are graduating. The end of life as I know it right now. It has been so sweet. I don't want it to end, in a way. O come quickly Lord Jesus so that the Kingdom can be fully here. But what of right now while the Kingdom has not fully come? Do I kill my heart and try to not feel the sadness of the loss? That is not what the Bible would call me to do. I am to hope for good, no matter how that may hurt my heart in grief because the hope will not be fulfilled right now. Hope and grieve and suffer well my friends, for the sake of Christ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home