Tuesday, March 14, 2006

STRIVING FOR DEEPER RELATIONSHIPS

I finally got up my courage after probably an entire year of thinking about it. I need some deeper friendships. I mean I really long for people to know me and for me to know others. But once a few years ago then I invited women to meet with me on a regular basis. And I think I pushed too hard for us to go deep too fast, and the group was a flop. But I really liked the concept of a group of women meeting together on a regular basis. So I got up my courage and invited. I asked 12 other women, thinking that less than half would even respond. And I braced myself for the feeling of rejection as these people would say no, even though a no doesn't necessarily mean they don't like me. I was amazed when all but 1 of these women said that they think this is a great idea and they are really excited about doing it! I've gotten so many comments about how this is something that they are really longing for, that they are so glad that someone is taking the initiative to start it, that they have been lonely even though everyone else seems to act like they shouldn't be, that they are longing for deeper relationships, etc. All I did was to invite 12 women to think about committing to getting together once a month, mostly for casual talking, but sometimes for deeper discussion or for prayer. Why don't you think about doing that too?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home