Sunday, July 23, 2006

TASTES OF GLORY

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! I just got in from sitting on the front row to watch the musical "Les Miserables." First of all, that is my favorite musical ever. I delight in the redemptive themes, the grace, the love, the honesty about life on earth, and the anticipation of the Creation restored. I already saw it this week (I am a big sucker for musicals), but as it is my favorite, and as I know something about performing, and as this was this company's last performance, I decided to go again. I thought they might be really up and it would be a top notch performance, and it was. I went on my own and was going to buy a last minute ticket, when a man gave me an extra one for free. Then, they don't mind if you move down closer to the empty seats, and so I moved down - all the way to the very front row!!! It was on the side, and that was fine with me because I could see the orchestra and I could see back stage, and having been in theater productions before, that made it all the more special. I was able to see their faces and examine their acting. The man who sings Jon Valjean is incredible. Experiencing Les Mis is something that is always glorious for me, and this experience was more of a taste of glory than ever. God is so incredibly complexly creative. A few blogs ago I had really tasted the nastiness of the fallenness of this world (by the way, that baby is doing great now), and today I had the contrast of a taste of the goodness of this world. That's what can help us hang on when it is so dark sometimes. I hope you have one of these tastes of glory soon too. Wow. Thank you, Lord.

3 Comments:

Blogger KYP said...

Awesome! I remember your talking about Les Mis when you were back in Augusta. I'm delighted to read about your taste of glory!

7/26/2006 9:21 PM  
Blogger petunia said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8/03/2006 7:50 PM  
Blogger petunia said...

Ann Louise - i LOVE that show too. Have you ever seen the movie? It's not a musical but T and I love the movie - all about GRACE! It has liam neison and a few other celebs - but really awesome!

8/03/2006 7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home