Saturday, May 24, 2008

WHO IS "NORMAL"?

Don't we all walk around wishing we were as happy as our neighbor? I mean our Christian neighbor with whom we sit in the pew. We think they have it far more together than we do. I am just not hunky dorey happy all day. I'm just not. Actually true joy comes as rarely as belly hurting laughter. And I think maybe that's the way its supposed to be while we are on this earth. We are made for joy in relationship with our Father, but we are not walking in Paradise right now. And its just hard - a lot. And I think its like that for everyone, but somewhere we got messed up in believing that appearances are so important that we need to fool everyone else instead of walk with them together in the hard. I want to make strides in acting real and honest - I want to look how I am feeling. Real.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emily M. said...

One of my favorite quotes is "Normal is a Myth." It was meant to be funny (and when you think about it, it is!), but it's pretty applicable to how we see ourselves in relation to others. I think you're on to something...

6/04/2008 8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home