Sunday, December 02, 2007

MY FAMILY

While I have an incredible biological family that I love dearly, I want to write about my church family. I have had some health problems lately with certain glands not working right, making me really fatigued and feeling lousy. Hence the long gap of over a month in my blog. My health problems are on their way to being fixed. And for a while I was very scared to be alone with all this since my family recently moved away. But I haven't been alone. My pastor and elders have laid hands on me and prayed for me. My small group and my women's Bible study, among others, have regularly prayed for me and encouraged me. My pastor has listened to me sob on the phone. I don't have any children of my own, and my nephew and niece have moved away, but all day yesterday at church, my lap was constantly full, with at least 3 kids at a time. One mom told me that her little girl went home last night and wanted to pray for Miss Weez. I am getting ready to be put on a very restricted diet for a season to help me heal, and 3 friends have volunteered to do it with me so that I can have support. Many friends have told me that they want to regularly cook for me while on my diet since I am already fatigued. One friend brought to church tonight a whole bag full of foods I can eat already prepared and cut up into ready made snacks. Another is going to call me every morning to remind me that God loves me. My problems are messy - its not simply physical, but there's always other stuff tied into everyone's stuff - relational, emotional, spiritual. Yet even in the messiness, my church is doing the best they can to reach out and come around me to walk through the hard spots. I am so thankful for family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

AL! It excites me soooo much to hear the church being the church! I am so encouraged! It is awesome to hear how others are coming around you!
Love,
Lori
P.S.Love your picture!

12/02/2007 7:10 PM  
Blogger Adaline said...

I'm so happy that your church family is there for you when those of us who love you can't be with you. We'll be praying for you and thanking God for his Body extending comfort to you.

12/04/2007 6:05 AM  
Blogger kp said...

Ann Louise - I have been thinking of you all week this week as the diagnosis is determined and your life is put into this monumentous change. As I read our James lesson notes for yesterday, I was reminded of you. You, who are not afraid to call out for help. You, whom in your complete honesty have been able to share your struggles while in the midst of them. You, whose perspective is changing before your circumstances change. Above all I see you clinging to those God has provided to love you during this crazy difficult time. I am prayerful that we will continue to find ways to support you as you push forward to make these changes. God does love you so much Ann Louise. Keeping pushing forward and don't let blame get in your way today - there is so much to be thankful for in this new information. Praying for you. katherine

12/05/2007 6:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home