Saturday, December 29, 2007

VULNERABILITY IN DISCIPLESHIP

I loaned the book "Search For Significance" by Robert McGee to the woman I am discipling. Its where she needed to go next to grow in the Lord, and she has recently finished it. She told me last night that it really drew her closer to the Lord and helped her understand the gospel better. Here's the thing I'm writing about today - I gave her my copy that I went through 9 years ago, which has a workbook in the back. Therefore she could read the notes I wrote in the margins and the answers in the workbook. She also told me last night that it encouraged her to be able to read where I had been and to know that someone else had been there too. It also encouraged her to see that the Lord has grown me since.

What do you think about this kind of vulnerability? Appropriate? Too much? We should or shouldn't do more of it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

I think it is appropriate AL, and I think we should do more of it.
I'd love to hear what others think.

12/29/2007 6:14 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

P.S.I read that book about 6 years ago and it had a huge impact in my life.

12/29/2007 6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home