Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I'M BACK WRITING

Hi all -
I had to take time grieve the loss of my seminary friends. Sometimes I am not good at having a ton on my plate at once, and not only was I sad about so many of my dear friends moving away, but I worked an extra job for the last month too. I had too much on my plate and didn't have the capacity to blog also. Now I have more room to think and want to start tending to my blog again. It was really nice to know that people were eager for me to resume writing!

I've recently finished a book called "The Emotionally Healthy Church" by Peter Scazzero. There are probably several blogs worth in this book, but I'll see if I get to them all. One huge topic is the issue of boundaries and limits. In chapter 8, the author points out that Jesus did not heal everyone who was sick and needy. He was human and could not and did not meet all their needs. He needed to get away and go and pray and be with his Father. I have a new friend who is continually reminding me in different ways how important this is for me to do in my life - to set boundaries, to not try and meet every need, and to take the time I need to go and be renewed by my Lord. The author goes on to remind us that we are all different in the Body with different gifts and given different amounts of talents. We need to acknowledge ours and others limited capacities, and when we see our limits, that gives us the opportunity to see God work through those limits, as he is the all powerful one who can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Adaline said...

Glad you're back! Thanks for your thoughts. Miss you!

7/03/2007 9:52 AM  
Blogger KYP said...

I'm glad you've updated, too--I do check in frequently. Love!

7/10/2007 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home