Tuesday, January 03, 2006

LEARNING HOW TO LOVE PEOPLE WHO ARE POOR

Wow! Its been 3 weeks since I've written. Those holidays distracted me. Sorry! I hope people will still check the blog!

I am learning a lesson about the words that I choose to use when I am dealing with people who live in poverty. I know how there are some words that have been used with me in my past that are words that have a great meaning attached to them. Like if someone uses any kind of word that implies that I am selfish, then I am very sensitive because that is something that I have been called in the past and it had a lot of pain associated with it. Well the same thing applies if I am dealing with someone who is poor and I use the word "beggar" even if I say "I don't want you to look like a beggar." I did this and my friend went bezerk and was mad at me for weeks. That was a buzz word so that she couldn't even hear what I was really saying because of what that word meant to her. So that is something for me to know for the future.

1 Comments:

Blogger KYP said...

I have used at least one word in the wrong context in a similar situation lately. For me, since I talk a lot, the lesson is not only choosing words carefully, but also limiting words. I do read your blog daily, and the Decision-Making topic came at an appropriate time this Christmas. Blessings!

1/11/2006 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home