Saturday, November 26, 2005

MOVIES AND ESTABLISHING MY CREDIBILITY TO WRITE THIS BLOG ABOUT BEING VULNERABLE

I want to encourage people to go see good movies like "The Chronicles of Narnia: the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" and "Pride and Prejudice" because when good movies are supported in the theaters, more good movies are made. But right now I want to share how "the Lion the Witch and The Wardrobe" has touched my life. There's a scene where the White Witch is getting Edmund under her control, and she does it by putting him in her warm sleigh and giving him his favorite candy while telling him good things. But when he got to her in Narnia later and had done what she had told him, he realizes that everything had been a lie. Well there was a time 8 years ago when I was very suicidal and eventually hospitalized. And one time I went and got some razor blades and was all prepared to kill myself. It felt so good to think that I was about to die that I sat there and dreamed about it for a while. And then all of a sudden I realized: this is like the White Witch wooing Edmund in Narnia, this feels so good but its all a lie! Satan is trying to deceive me into thinking that killing myself is the best and the right thing to do! And I turned around and threw the razor blades away and went and called my friend. Life is painful but suicide is not the answer. We'll definitely discuss these hard things more in the future.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ann Louise--I'm so grateful for your story and for the way that God is working in your life, and I'm glad to have a chance to share your heart through your weblog...thanks for sharing it with me! love you, Julie (your across the hall-mate from good ole' F.U.)

11/30/2005 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann Louise,
Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I enjoyed reading these entries and am looking forward to reading more. It was sweet to see you recently!

12/01/2005 2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home